Job Category:Non-Exempt Hiring Range: Pay Basis: Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?: No Essential Job Functions: 1. Provides nurturing and assistance to children in the classroom to ensure an enriching, safe, and clean classroom and playground environment.
2. Assists in the preparation and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum for each child to ensure compliance with the terms of the child's Individual Education Plan.
3. Supervises children during arrival, dismissal, playground time and lunch to ensure children are safe and accounted for at all times.
4. Assist in the implementation of the Pro-Active behavior management strategies for individual/group settings to ensure the safety of all children and staff.
5. Communicates with parents, coordinator and other primary care givers to ensure a positive, participating environment.
6. Prepares classroom learning materials and displays to ensure appropriate learning support materials are available at all times.
7. Monitors and coordinates activities to provide children with an enhanced learning experience.
8. Assumes responsibility of the teacher when the teacher is absent.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. Marginal Job Functions: 1. Fulfills work obligations including promptness to department meetings, parent meetings, and open houses.
2. Maintains a professional posture regarding program participants, co-workers, and administration.
3. Special projects as assigned.
4. Provides coverage in other Early Learning Program Centers as needed. Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: 1. Attend and complete designated in-service trainings.
2. Complete state mandated child care training in the first year of hire. Enroll within the first 90 days of employment and complete within 1 year of hire date.
3. Complete yearly in-service training hours mandated by the state of Florida.
4. Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
5. Punctual and reliable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to lift, bend, carry, and put down up to fifty (50) pounds on a continuous basis.
2. Repeated lifting and placing down of children required.
3. Ability to sit on floor for extended periods of time. Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Major (if required): Required Experience: 1. Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
2. Must complete four (4) hour on line Child Abuse and Neglect Training prior to the first day of employment.
3. Register and complete Early Literacy Child Care Training class during first week of employment.
4. Register for the forty-five (45) hour Child Care Licensing training classes within the first week of employment and complete such trainings within the first year of employment.
5. Employees who do not have a completed degree in Early Childhood Education or related field must be enrolled by the end of ninety (90) days and complete within one year of employment a CDA/CDAE or enrolled in an associate or higher level degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Preferred Qualifications: 1. 10 & 20 hour Child Care Training Certificates.
2. Previous experience working with children. Is this a safety sensitive position? No Background Screening Required? Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.