Job Description Details
Zulily’s customer facing Shopping Experience team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to run the Orders Experience squad.
The squad's mission is to provide Zulily customers with a safe, secure, intuitive, and friction-free checkout and post order experience.
The ideal candidate for this role has technical breadth and experience with high-availability web services as well as mobile and web technologies. The role requires strong planning and execution skill as you will work with Product to define and execute the team's roadmap, on time and with quality. Leadership skills are equally important, as you will hire, grow, and inspire a team of strong engineers who are not afraid to engage in heated debates and want to do the right thing. Finally, you are passionate about using new technologies to solve problems, and you recognize the importance of technical excellence and merciless elimination of technical debt.
Our values at Zulily are mutual respect, empathy, and support for each other. We win and fail as a team. We strive to improve our quality of lives as engineers. We don’t say “minimally viable product”; we say “minimally loveable product”. In our debates, data wins over opinion. We don't say "it's not my job"; we say "I wish this were our problem; then we can fix it".
If this reads like someone you look at in the mirror, give us a shout - we've been looking for you.
* 10+ years experience in consumer-facing mobile and/or full-stack software development
* 3+ years’ experience in leading high-performing teams
* Strong Systems Architecture and Design skills
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java, PHP, Kotlin, Swift, React, TypeScript.
* Experience with Cloud (AWS preferred)
* Success in owning and evolving Agile development processes.
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's Degree preferred
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania.