Our product managers are passionate about creating products that make a difference for users and our clients. We have strong product instincts, deep customer expertise, a strong understanding of product design, all while operating with an agile technical fluency. Our product managers operate collaboratively with designers and engineers with a passion for navigating through ambiguous environments to continuously improve customer experiences.
Strategy, Planning, and Communication:
- Working at the strategic level, propose innovative solutions for product direction, based on a combination of data, customer insights, intuition and experience.
- Assess business, market and customer needs and lead cross-functional product teams to find the fastest path to delivering values against those needs.
- Make product decisions that drive value on a daily basis while keeping customer needs in mind.
- Participate in continuous product discovery, monitors 3rd party research and maintains an up to date understanding of the competitive landscape to recommend the best solutions and ensure that products meet users' needs.
- Develop and evolve product roadmap based on business priorities and customer needs that deliver the highest value.
- Experience performing build vs buy analysis when determining whether it is better to integrate with an existing product for specific functions or build internally.
- Work with delivery teams to develop release estimates and plans for the product.
- Create, prioritize and accept user stories; incorporate them into release planning.
- Condense complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders.
- Establish a regular cadence for communications for product stakeholders and executives to enable trust and transparency.
- Manage product team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy and provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience.
Team & People:
- Advocate for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs.
- Work closely with and provide direction and guidance to cross-functional delivery teams in an Agile environment.
- Lead standups, iteration planning sessions, retrospectives and product demos.
- Foster collaboration between IT teams, designers, developers, and business stakeholders.
- Work with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience to include exposure to product and development teams, UX, design thinking, Agile principles, and client facing work.
- Product experience in the staffing industry required with specific experience in the On-Demand staffing industry being a plus
- Proficiency in lateral leadership, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client's customers.
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization.
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team.
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context along with coaching and leading others.
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of software operations and DevOps
- Strong communication skills to lead and build partnerships across project teams and stakeholders
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Understands the importance of user research and testing to understand needs
- Experience in running data-driven experiments and analysis to optimize products and inform the strategy
- NICE TO HAVE: HR tech experience
If you think the HatchWorks experience could be a great fit for you, please click "Apply", to submit your resume for consideration. To learn more about our organization, visit us at www.hatchworks.com.