Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq:NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases.Novavaxrecently initiated development of NVX-CoV2373, its vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and achieved positive Phase 1 clinical trial results. NanoFlu, its quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both vaccine candidates incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant in order to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines; its proprietary recombinant technology platform combines the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax is seeking a full-time Senior Database Engineer to provide support and development for our growing portfolio of both COTS and custom database systems. These systems are critical to the daily operation of the organization and require a strong attention to detail and the ability to interact with system owners, SMEs, and others across the organization as needed. This position is hands-on but may require leading ad-hoc cross-functional teams.
The Senior Database Engineer reports to the Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations, as part of the IT Operations team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with standard DBA functions: Planning/installing/configuring database servers; optimizing storage and performance; configuring/testing backup/restore; security hardening; high-availability design.
- Experience in creating and editing SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL code.
- Adept in automating routine tasks using procedural languages (Perl, Python, or Shell).
- Proficient in troubleshooting database or system errors, slow-performing queries and reporting issues.
- Deep expertise with backup and recovery tools such as RMAN.
- Knowledge and experience with broad range of database versions, e.g., MS SQL Server 2012 2019 or Oracle 12c 19c.
- Ability to create new OLTP- and data warehouse-styled databases.
- Ability to develop new custom data structures (or entire databases) using modeling tools such as ERWin.
- Skilled in turning technical specifications into new, normalized data structures using ER-diagrams.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10 years of progressively responsible IT engineering experience.
- Broad experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, and relational databases in general.
- Ability to perform data migrations, database refreshes, and backup/recovery operations.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical environment and its business processes.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.