The Resident Assistant is an integral part of the caregiving team under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Contribute to a positive associate culture.
- Provide resident care as directed by the resident care plan.
- Monitor and respond to resident safety needs.
- Serve residents during meals.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate in the English language.
- Prefer that the candidate have experience in working with older adults and a knowledge of the aging process.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to a positive servant leader culture and environment for team members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living to meet the resident’s physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual needs with respect and dignity. This could include bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, perennial care, laundry, bed making, and other duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Assist residents with meals and snacks; assist with set-up, service, and feeding if necessary.
- May perform or assist with kitchen duties as necessary and requested by supervisor.
- Demonstrate dependable work habits.
- Proper dress, conduct, professionalism is to be evident at all times.
- This position may require exertion of 50-100 pounds of force occasionally and another lesser lifting as required.
About Morning Pointe Senior Living:
Morning Pointe communities are dedicated to providing services that enhance the wellness, lifestyle and enjoyment of senior living. Assisted Living (TN, GA, AL, IN), Personal Care (KY), and Alzheimer’s services are provided in a caring, secure environment that promotes hospitality and dignity while maintaining an independent quality of life.Morning Pointe seeks to provide a work environment that supports the fulfillment of each associate. Innovative training and educational programs promote the wellness and lifestyle of each associate. Compassionate leadership will challenge each associate to meet and exceed career objectives while dedicating themselves to the service of others.