DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety patient care services related to activities of daily living and basic needs. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver patient care based while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene, mobility and transportation.
- You will obtain and record patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
- In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
- You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s condition
- You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
Located in Central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Care Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting – preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification – preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.