We are seeking a qualified and dedicated Medical Biller for Medical Practice in Buffalo Grove. Daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job.
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patients medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5pm and occasional Saturdays from 8am to Noon.
**The Huntington Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of the individuals race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by state or federal law.
- Assess claims to verify billing
- Verifying insurance information for billing patient claims
- Resolve problems with claims billing
- Copy payment information for secondary insurance billing
- Generate electronic and/or paper claims for insurance billing
- Submit claims to various insurance companies
- Ensure accurate billing of patient accounts
- Resolving claims nearing the respective insurance billing limitations
- Resubmit claims or submit corrected claims
- Resolve any billing issues with insurance companies
- Rejected claims for assigned insurance carriers
- Verify patient eligibility with insurance companies
- Trained in the billing claims process
- Prepare and submit all insurance claims
- Reviewing and billing medical reports
- Handle all aspects of medical billing and insurance
- Ensure accurate billing procedures for consolidated billing
- Reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Reviewed for insurance or patient
- Submit clean claims to assigned insurance companies