Voyant Elkhart, located in Elkhart, Indiana is our largest campus and collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. Voyant's Elkhart facilities procure, blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care and OTC consumer packaged goods.
We are hiring immediately! We have positions available on all shifts!
The Mechanic performs a lead role on the production line. Performing equipment maintenance, with minimal direction of management, in a team-based filling and packaging production facility. The equipment repair and replacements activities including accurate, complete, and timely follow-up documentation.
Day to Day Expectations and Responsibilities
- Utilize TPM methodologies, specifically Effective Maintenance, to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.
- Effectively communicate with others by presenting information, responding to questions, and seeking feedback/input.
- Actively participate and/or lead in project initiatives and selected cross-functional teams as approved.
- Effectively work with managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate completion of services.
- Train others to develop basic maintenance and advanced operating skills
- Define, select, requisition, and expedite parts and materials while following approved procedures.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment.
- Maintain and clean: Work area, crib, job site, tools, and equipment.
- Perform production related tasks including changeovers, sanitation, batch coding, quality inspections, and equipment calibrations as needed
- Follow all cGMP's (Current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Follow Company and Plant environmental hazard Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); handle all cleaning and waste materials properly.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Requirements
- 3-5 years mechanical/maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of a high school education or its equivalent.
- Excellent Attendance record (less than 5 points)
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to multi-task and react to changing priorities
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with Voyant Beauty!
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.