The School of Visual Arts seeks an experienced Instructional Designer to report to the Director of the Office of Learning Technologies. The incumbent will advance the educational goals of the College through the application of sound pedagogical principles combined with meaningful use of technology.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with faculty and other subject matter experts to design and produce effective in-person, online, and hybrid learning experiences
- Provide training and technical support on various learning and communication technologies such as LMSs (Canvas by Instructure), related LTIs, survey tools, Gmail Suite, etc.
- Supporting effective processes and new systems to enhance interdepartmental communication and collaboration, enhance feedback loops, and provide metrics reporting and analysis
- Developing and delivering faculty workshops (in-person and online) covering training on a variety of online tools and pedagogical principles
- Staying abreast of emerging learning technologies and evolving standards in educational practice and design
- Participating in outreach efforts to faculty, staff, and students to advance the work of OLT
- Assisting the Director with special academic affairs projects and managing administrative tasks as needed
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Demonstrated experience developing online and/or blended educational programming
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to both create and manage deadlines in long-term projects with multiple delivery dates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; in-person and/or on-screen training skillsBachelor's degree required or equivalent, a minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Familiarity with programming concepts and techniques
- Experience designing and developing for mobile devices
- Knowledge of visual arts training techniques
- Experience developing metrics for assessing academic services and student success
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Please click on the link to apply: https://.applicantpro/openings/sva/jobs/1551681/NY-New-York/New-York/Instructional-Designer.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.