General Manager has overall responsibility for everything that happens in the restaurant. Their most important responsibility is to grow their people and business. They achieve this by trusting and empowering their team while creating an incredible Nandoca and Guest experience. They exemplify the Nando's culture and have proven their ability to successfully oversee our People and Operations through daily excellence. As with all members of the Nando's family, there is an expectation to wear multiple hats, seek out opportunities to make us and themselves better every day and in general, be a good team player!
- Always living the Nandos Values
- Adapt your style in different situations and with different people to get the best result.
- Take responsibility for your development and actively work to improve the performance of your team through one on one meetings and constructive feedback.
- Perform under pressure when the shift is challenging by keeping calm, being positive and helping to keep the team fired up
- Be a confident leader who is willing and able to learn things quickly and stay up to date with changes in the business.
Manage Work Relationships
- Work collaboratively with your management team, regional peers and Central Support.
- Seek to understand others and make it safe for others to challenge and share opinions.
- Promote a team culture in which Nandocas talk to each other, motivate each other, support each other, and know when to ask for help.
- Support and keep Nandocas engaged by upholding standards and holding everyone equally accountable.
- Work collaboratively with Nandocas and management team to deliver excellent standards and Guest service.
- Seek to build networks with suppliers that directly and positively impact the restaurant.
As Manager on Duty I am accountable for completing all tasks relating to my shift. This includes pre-shift, line check, cash management and facility management as well as the resolution of all people and Guest related matters:
Lead Your Team…
- Take overall responsibility for keeping the culture of the restaurant alive and well while making sure each Nandoca has the resources and support needed to do their job well
- Be a leader among your peers by speaking confidently to individuals inside and outside of Nando's and at internal restaurant team meetings
- Responsible for ensuring the restaurant has a staffing par and the necessary recruitment plan.
- Create a pipeline of future leaders by effectively hiring, training, coaching, and developing your people to take on additional responsibility.
- Oversee all new hourly Nandocas and Managers have a proper orientation and acclimation into Nandos.
- Responsible for conducting pre-shift meetings and making sure each Nandoca has the resources and support needed to do their job well.
- Consistently provide feedback, coaching and communicate disciplinary actions, as required to ensure accountability to Nando's standards and policies.
- Creates goals and action planning with Restaurant Managers and Nandocas to help drive results
- Communicate in a clear, effective, and professional way to Nandocas, Guests, and peers to navigate and resolve situations with Nandocas and guest.
- Delegate tasks and provide real time feedback to empower and develop Restaurant Managers and Nandocas.
- Engage with guests and Nandocas to develop relationships and create lasting connections.
- Monitor adherence to SOPs and Guest service standards and conducting on-job-coaching as required.
Manage Your Business…
- Display complete knowledge and ownership of Nando's food safety and operational standards to ensure and safe guest and Nandoca experience.
- Ensure all aspects of the product and place pillar as outlined in the areas of responsibility are implemented.
- Placing all orders by utilizing the order guides by monitoring daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
- Oversee inventory management, cost controls, and food safety. This includes conducting daily, weekly, and monthly inventory checks, responding to product recalls, and ensuring Nando's is providing safe and delicious food.
- Ensure that the figure 8 is used to praise great execution and Guest service and to coach issues that might impact the Guest experience on all shifts.
- Monitoring and maintaining speed of service standards and gathering information from the team and Guests (food, labor, sales, and Guest satisfaction) to identify opportunities and consistently improve service.
- Inspect all fixtures, fittings and equipment and taking the necessary action to maintain these in a reliable and working condition.
- During shift follow required restaurant opening procedures and closing procedures. Make sure all issues, events, and important information are recorded in the Manager log.
- Collaborate with the Area Director, interpreting, forecasting, and managing the financial side of the restaurant and considering factual data such as month end reports (P&L) to make decisions.
- Use key business and financial indicators such as sales trends, transaction averages, utility expenses, sales mix analysis, and sales variance to ensure profitability.
- Partner with the Area Director on restaurant plan of action and communicate financial related metrics and targets to Restaurant Managers and Nandocas and updating them on weekly performance.
- Own GP and EDIBTA against budget and reconcile P&L on a weekly and monthly basis
What you'll bring to the table:
- Must have sound financial and business acumen relevant to running a restaurant.
- Must graduate from manager training within allotted time and have completed any additional training with regards to the General Manager position.
- Friendly and polite with a professional work ethic
- Flexibility to work different job functions, shifts, overtime
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give direction and create a cohesive team environment
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Must demonstrate understanding of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures and can coach and teach their team
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to work at any restaurant within the region to which you are applying.
- Must have or be able to get required food/ alcohol licensing.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent education (GED), required
- Must have 3-5 Years General Manager experience
- Understanding of basic computer and internet navigation skills, required
- Able to independently lift up to 50lbs for an extended period of time
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Hand-eye coordination
- Reaching, bending twisting, stooping
- Pushing and Pulling
- Lifting overhead
- Must be able to climb stairs in restaurants that have multiple levels
Nandos North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.