Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Financial Clearance Representative to:
- Bring your organizational and customer service expertise to the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
- Enter and verify demographic and insurance information, complete coordination of benefit changes, calculate and collect patient financial obligations.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Associates Degree in Business, Finance, Health Information Management or related field
Minimum One year of experience in a customer service related field
Preferred One year of experience in an healthcare, call center, business, financial or insurance related field
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a busy, loud, and demanding environment.
- Must independently recognize and evaluate situations for the level of urgency.
- Experience in providing a high level of customer service.
- Strong emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with co-workers, leaders, clinical staff and the general public.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Displays an aptitude and willingness to learn new responsibilities.
- Willingly accepts feedback.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Displays a professional appearance.
- Dependable and reliable in achieving goals.
- Experience operating office machines such as personal computers, fax machines, photocopier, and document scanners.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This is a Per Diem, LTE position that will have varying hours based upon the operational needs of the department. The expected duration of this position is six (6) months.
UW Health Administrative Facilities - UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.