ENGINEERING TEST TECHNICIAN
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: 3217
Pay rate: $35+
Must pass all required background checks
Tekberry, a Bloom Energy premier staffing partner, is looking for highly qualified and motivated Engineering Test Technician in San Jose, CA. Bloom's unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construct and operate specialized test hardware, fixtures, and data acquisition equipment.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate product development.
- Compile test reports and present results to larger engineering team.
- Maintain readiness of test equipment (service, calibration, etc.)
- Provide feedback to larger engineering team on design changes.
- Maintain a safe working environment and identify any areas for improvement.
- Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines for scheduled maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in engineering field or relevant testing experience is required. [prefers testing experience tech industry]
- Candidate must have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and debug mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must have a strong ability to read and interpret electrical and piping diagrams.
- Familiarity with high-voltage electrical safety and LOTO procedures is required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization in a verbal and written manner - managers, co-workers, support services, electronic communications, et al..
- Familiar with controls and instrumentation systems.
- Background in testing is highly desirable. (6-8 years of experience)
- Background in fuel cells or electrical power systems is preferred.
- Candidate should be familiar with electrical test devices; Multimeter, Power Analyzer, etc.
- Computer savvy - MS Office. Computer programming skills (Python/Matlab/C++/VBA) are a plus
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.