DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
At The Medical Center of Aurora, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Sterile Processing team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are currently seeking a Sterile Processing Technician II to join our family. As a Sterile Processing Technician II, you will be responsible for the activities related to decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization of instruments. Unlock your potential here!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Sterile Processing Technician II with us:
· You will perform work processes of the department including decontamination, processing, sterilization and distribution of instruments, trays and supplies to the Operating Room and other Patient Care Departments in the hospital.
· You will be responsible for the decontamination of soiled instruments, utensils and equipment and the assembly and preparation of instruments and equipment needed for daily surgical procedures.
· You will provide asset management and support of surgical instruments and trays belonging to or consigned to the facility, in accordance with The Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards.
· You will assist to develop and establish workflow, process improvements, daily work assignments, log documentation and management.
· You will report broken instrumentation and provide vital communication with team leadership and/or manager.
What qualifications you will need:
· Current IAHCSMM or CBSPD certification required.
· BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross preferred.
· High school or GED.
· One year of experience as a Central Sterile Technician or SPD preferred.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes.The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.