Automotive Technician Job Description
The Technician's primary goal is to ensure an extraordinary client experience while creating client advocates. The Technician position will also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles with integrity and ethics and maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work in accordance with dealership policies and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to drive and operate vehicle
- Examines vehicle, diagnoses, and if needed discusses with the Shop Foreman or Service Advisor as to thenature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Communicates additional service requests to the Service Advisor for communication to client
- Plans work procedure in cooperation with the Shop Foreman
- Provides labor time estimates to the Service Advisor
- Monitors repair time and updates Service Advisor on status often for client vehicles left for service, and forwaiting clients
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Completes story, or documentation for client repairs
- Knows and understands dealership computer system
- Assists Technician Trainees
- Wears approved safety glasses when in designated safety areas
- Keeps work area clean and tidy
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Including valid Driver's License)