Title of Position: Appian Senior Business Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Interview: Two step interview process and Skype interview
Citizenship: US Citizen, EAD, Green Card
- Experience with Appian
- BA/BS and five (5) of experience in the field of information technology and business process management.
- A technical background, whether having worked as a programmer or engineer, or completing a Computer Science degree.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis methodologies and software development methodologies.
- Strong affinity towards data analysis and understanding of the capabilities and limitations of technology.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years experience as a business analyst in a fast-paced application development environment working on multiple project types such as COTS (commercial off the shelf), new development, and enhancements/support.
- 6 years recent experience working in an agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with agile methodologies (Scrum), Requirements Management and Configuration Management methodologies, along with corresponding support tools, is expected
- Concrete understanding of Object Oriented enterprise software system development processes, methodologies, as well as major technologies (such as Java and .Net) and approaches (such as modularity and SOA)
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, capturing client requirements and feedback
- Ability to perform R&D and author white papers while utilizing different team members' subject matter expertise
- Must be eligible and able to maintain background investigation for public trust clearance
- Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets is required.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts is required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project/program manager is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Google Docs applications
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office as it relates to producing project management deliverables, i.e., MS Project and Project Server for task management, Excel for reporting and data analysis, Word for status reporting and PowerPoint for status communication and project briefings