Apex Human Capital Management (HCM) has been selected four years in a row for INC 5000’s list of fastest growing companies in the U.S. We are a market leader in cloud-based payroll and HR technology. Over 300 payroll service firms nationally use Apex's technology as the core of their business. Apex's comprehensive suite of products and services includes payroll, payroll tax, human resources, time and attendance, workers' compensation, payroll debit cards and other business management tools normally reserved for large enterprises. Apex's cutting-edge cloud-based technology allows its customers to compete effectively feature-for-feature with larger established firms, while dramatically improving their workforce productivity.
Apex HCM is seeking highly motivated and outgoing Business Development Managers (BDM) with heavy inbound and outbound sales experience to join our amazing team! BDMs are responsible for executing all aspects of the sales cycle including, but not limited to, fielding inbound sales inquiries generated from marketing campaigns, as well as prospecting via outbound calls to sell our technology in a fast-paced, goal driven environment. BDMs must be highly energetic, optimistic and focused on being part of a growing sales organization. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology company!
Responsibilities of Business Development Managers:
- Contact and follow up with inbound leads generated from various marketing campaigns across different advertising platforms and convert into sales
- Place outbound calls to prospect for developing new leads
- Execute established daily cadence of prospecting and conversations to qualify leads and create new Sales Qualified Leads
- Ability to penetrate targeted accounts with an innovative and strategic approach in defined territory
- Manage each lead/prospect and provided detailed notes of each call-complete all the necessary questions to help understand lead/prospect
- Manage the sales process and rank leads according to scales indicating propensity to buy
- Preparation and presenting of sales proposals
- Must display accountability along with desire for personal growth and ownership.
- Performs sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs, and sales of software to accountants, trade and corporate accounts
- Conduct the presentation, software demo and proposal process for prospects including marketing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, client presentations and software demos
- Attends sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, regulations in regards to the software or the market place
- Attend conferences and events to prospect for new business
Four-year college degree and 5 or more years of experience in payroll and HR services or software sales is required. Documented track record of success and quota achievement. The candidate will also possess strong self-initiative to drive and execute sales processes and consistently deliver on revenue targets.
- Proven track record of performance, quota attainment, and accurate forecasting
- Basic PC skills, including the ability to work with Word/Excel/PowerPoint or other similar software, e-mail and the Internet
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously so that sales results remain consistent from one month to the next
- Strong selling skills to close around objections
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take charge and complete objectives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including effective speaking before groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, salesforce.com knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of payroll and human resource services or technology is preferred
Apex HCM offers an excellent compensation and rewards for over performance, as well as an excellent employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, FSA, paid time off, 401k and profit sharing.