- KIPP Pleasant Grove Middle School
The School Operations Assistant is critical to the successful and efficient running of KIPP Texas schools. The School Operations Assistant reports to the School Operations Manager. Supporting the Director of Campus Operations’ vision, the School Operations Assistant will assist with implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems and a supportive school environment that allows the school leadership team to focus on instruction and teachers to focus on scholars and families.
This individual must be willing to get his/her hands dirty and relish the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and more cost-efficiently. The School Operations Assistant will work in coordination with School Operations Manager, in addition to working closely and collaboratively with school leadership, teachers and the KIPP school support center team.
The School Operations Assistant serves as the embodiment of KIPP Texas values and is the first person that visitors encounter. As such, the SOA will exhibit a calm and patient demeanor demonstrated by a customer- service orientation, and communicate the story of KIPP Texas. Along with these traits, the SOA will also manage up by attending meetings with Director of Campus Operations/School Operations Manager with key questions, updates and items that require joint problem solving. Lastly, like all KIPP Texas members, the School Operations Assistant will exemplify the KIPP Credo at all times—when a teammate needs help, they give it.
- Tracks and reports scholar attendance (this includes notifying families of excessive absences or lateness pursuant with school attendance policy, and includes filing truancy reports to court.
- Ensures that PowerSchool scholar/family data is up to date, which includes any initial data entry as well as maintaining current records
- Maintain up to date scholar records (lunch forms, immunizations, health screenings, emergency contact information); file paperwork as needed.
- Track recruitment, lottery records, and enrollment
- Create and track automated school messages
- Helps School Operations Manager to maintain child nutrition records
- Updates discipline records in PowerSchool
- Creates and distributes weekly automated school broadcasts (or as needed at the discretion of school leadership).
- Coordinates, compiles, and distributes parent letters.
- Translates parent communication, both written and verbal
- Maintains repository of parent communication
- Assists with verbal translation as needed
- Sort/deliver mail, open when appropriate.
- Answers phones; ensures that all voicemails and/or missed calls are returned within 24 hours.
- Tracks phone and mail correspondence and disseminates messages to the appropriate parties
- Interface with all scholars and families on throughout the school day.
- Maintains electronic school calendars—has visibility of school events/meetings and after school activities.
- Maintains school Outlook calendar by ensuring visibility, scheduling events and posting room calendars where necessary
- Greets visitors and responds to in person inquiries
Main Office & Equipment
- Orders supplies and maintains office supply list
- Ensures that the front office space is organized and clean
- Maintains system to organize supplies and deliveries
- Serves as a point person for copy machines/fax/phones. If the equipment is not working, assistant notifies the staff and works with technology department to ensure that they are working within 24 hours.
- Assist with Hearing and Vision Screenings, as needed
- Assist with Immunization Audits, as needed
- Maintains log of scholar medical responses
- Assist with scholar medical needs
- Attends to injured scholar
- Dispense medication as required/needed to scholar
- Coordinate with families to develop and maintain scholar medicine log
- Call parents if injured/sick scholar need to be picked up
- First Aid/CPR certified
Staff Culture/Joy Factor
- Helps with staff appreciation/joy factor from ordering food for Professional Development meetings, cakes for birthdays, and other events as needed, etc.
- Maintains calendar of staff birthdays and celebrations
- Coordinate with Director of Campus Operations and School Leader(s) to order staff gifts and food.
- Customer Service Experience, required
- Bilingual (Spanish), required
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Experience goal-setting, providing meaningful feedback and setting professional development plans
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful and willing to do whatever it takes to help our school reach a level of academic excellence
- High level of detail orientation and sound excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication, feedback and facilitation skills
- Strong interest and willingness to serve in a strategic operations leadership role on behalf of the KIPP school
- Be available for events, activities or functions outside of school hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Maintain an appropriate, professional relationship with scholars, parents and staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.