Warehouse Worker Part Time
Virginia City, Nevada, US
Category: Transportation and Material Moving Occupations
Published on 2021-12-06T08:05:43.000000Z
Looking to make a difference? So are we!
Join Chewy as a part-time warehouse specialist and launch your career with one of the largest pet e-commerce companies. We are holding open interviews with on-the-spot offers.
Why you’ll love working here:
Safety, Health, and Culture are top priorities at Chewy with all our roles and locations. We offer the following benefits for our team members:
- Starting wage is up to $21.00/hr.
- Newly increased, competitive wages, with opportunity for increases starting after 3-months of service.
- Start immediately with day or night shifts with flexible scheduling opportunities
- State of the art, climate-controlled environment
- Employee 20% Discount Program at Chewy for all your pet needs
- Team building events and company-sponsored luncheons
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
What you’ll do:
- Warehouse functions including labeling, replenishing, box making, loading/unloading trailers, moving stowed products to various locations utilizing a Forklift, etc.
- Fulfill and organize orders to ensure the customer delivery process is efficient and accurate.
- Create accurate shipping documentation for domestic shipments.
- Utilize Power Industrial Trucks, material handling equipment safely and efficiently to receive or transport product to storage and staging locations.
What you’ll need:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Willing to be trained on PIT equipment (Powered Industrial Trucks) Examples include: Cherry Picker/Order Picker, High Reach, Movexx, Pallet Jack, Walkie Rider, etc.
- The desire to take great pride and care in every order you fill for our pet parents (customers).
Visit one of our Recruiting Centers to Interview!
Chewy Recruiting Center
1289 Baring Blvd.
Sparks, NV 89434
Monday - Friday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Health and Safety Guidelines:
*** Please note that the Washoe County / Nevada Governor order requires that masks be worn in public. To protect the health and safety of our Team Members, Chewy is requiring everyone at our Facilities to wear a mask, so kindly remember to wear yours. If you do not have one upon arrival, you will be provided with a disposable mask. ***
Chewy is closely monitoring the outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by the Coronavirus. Team members, vendors, and visitors at all Chewy sites are required to wear face masks in all common areas, including break/lunchrooms, hallways, restrooms, reception areas, conference rooms, etc. Except in the case of previously approved medical or other accommodations, team members, vendors, and other visitors must always wear masks or cloth coverings over their nose and mouth while at work in a company facility.
For the health and safety of our team members, currently, Chewy is not permitting team members, vendors, or other visitors to enter its facilities if they are experiencing COVID-19 or other flu-like symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, or vomiting, and/or diarrhea) or have come into close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of a COVID-19 infection.
The CDC defines close contact as:
Being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of an individual with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes. Close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare room with a person exhibiting symptoms or who tested positive for COVID-19.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com