Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits…join us!
LOCATION: Versailles, KY
The main job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Read job ticket and print out instructions.
- Sets up and operates machine which trims books on 3 sides.
- Makes mechanical adjustments to machine to accommodate varying book sizes.
- Ensures quality by continuously monitoring: Squareness of book, size of book, and edges are smooth with no knife marks.
- Continuously controls product waste by monitoring: Downtime, and excessive bad trimmed product.
- Ensures that your crew is made aware of quality standards.
- Leads crew by exhibiting proper leadership and continually trains crew.
- Ensures that each person in the crew is performing his job properly in a safe and efficient manner and can perform the duties of his peers and counterparts.
- Maintains proper records including Downtime, and Job report.
- The individual must be able to read a ruler in standard and metric.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Previous Trimmer experience preferred but not required.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program