Technical Accounting Manager
Dublin, California, US
Category: Management Occupations
Published on 2021-11-29T15:44:47.000000Z
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting is responsible for proactively remaining abreast of all GAAP and SEC developments relevant to the Company’s financial reporting. The manager serves as a primary point-of-contact to facilitate the execution of external audits. The manager reports to and works with the Executive Director of Accounting Operations to lead or assist other subject matter experts in the Accounting Department to analyze, document and report significant or unusual transactions and manage the implementation of any new pronouncements.
The role serves as the subject matter expert on accounting guidance, standards, and reporting requirements. The manager maintains collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the finance organization and the business.
• Monitors, reviews, researches and interprets GAAP and analyzes emerging accounting pronouncements for policy/financial statement implications.
• Participates in the production of various financial statements for SEC reporting, regulatory compliance and other requirements.
• Works with the ED of Accounting Operations to assess the impact of new GAAP and SEC pronouncements and ensure compliance with the relevant financial reporting standards.
• Researches accounting guidance and writes technical accounting memos that analyze and interpret business impact, provide guidance, and conclusions on steps forward for significant and/or unusual transactions.
• Provides direction and guidance to the accounting organization that ensure all activities are recorded and reported in compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies.
• Serves as a primary liaison with external auditors during the implementation process of new standards and the planning and execution of audits.
• Assists in the adoption and implementation of new business, accounting, and financial reporting processes.
• Participates in or leads special projects related to technical accounting matters for the organization.
• Builds and maintains cross-functional and collaborative relationships with colleagues across Accounting, FP&A, SOX, Internal Audit, and Treasury. Ensures the relationships lead to support for overall Company, business, function, and departmental goals.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting or finance
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
• Certified Public Accountant Certificate
• Minimum of 8 5 years of recent public accounting experience, preferably in a big four accounting firm, or in a significant accounting policy setting organization or corporate accounting experience.
• Experience working in a public company with SEC reporting under strict SOX controls.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform independent research and prepare analyses of the impact of accounting and regulatory pronouncements on the company’s financial statements and accounting and disclosure practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and documenting new accounting guidance.
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations
• Ability to coordinate a complete project from inception to completion, incorporating feedback from multiple sources.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to management, including interpreting data and presenting to management.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize competing priorities, organize information and manage requests/assignments in a timely manner.
• Ability to learn, develop, and grow from mistakes; willingness to learn and develop new skills; and to adjust and adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment.
• Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and implement solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to garner support from direct reports, peers, and colleagues from other departments.
• Demonstrated leadership ability through previous work assignments.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Minimal travel required
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.