Position Purpose: Act as charge staff on duty during specified shifts. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of addiction treatment experience
• Skilled in behavioral management techniques
• Ability to coordinate and present lectures for clients, parents and community resources
• Certified Addictions Counselor CADC required
• CPR training or complete within three months
• Valid Illinois driver’s license
1. Work scheduled shift and be flexible to modify schedule in order to cover second shift hours when needed.
2. Ensure compliance with treatment schedules on all units.
3. Coordinate treatment activities as scheduled between units.
4. Float between groups and provide guidance and support to scheduled staff.
5. Assist scheduled staff with any behavioral occurrences.
6. Act as point person for communication with on-call counselor.
7. Act as a liaison to Unit Coordinators on client and staffing issues.
8. Provide staff mentoring and feedback.
9. Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
10. Implement therapeutic activities.
11. Facilitate didactic and peer group counseling.
12. Utilize the 12 core functions of counseling with assigned groups and clients.
13. Coordinate and supervise client recreational activities.
14. Monitor assigned clients by consulting with the addiction counselors in developing and implementing the individual treatment plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the clients with AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
15. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
16. Develop and present all client lectures listed on the client lecture schedule.
17. Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
18. Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
19. Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
20. Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
21. Oversee the neatness of the unit and the proper use of the equipment and supplies and inform the proper person when supplies or repairs are indicated.
22. Serve as a member of the Unit Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
23. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of conduct.
24. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
25. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
26. Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Hours: Sunday through Thursday 3pm-11:30pm or Sunday through Wednesday 1pm-11:30pm