The responsibility of the Picker/Packer - Ship From Store (SFS) is first and foremost to deliver a premium customer experience by providing the best shipping experience for our customers and making JOANN their happy place! The role of the Picker/Packer - SFS is to quickly and accurately pick and pack online orders so that they can be shipped out directly to the customer. This work takes place overnight to maximize productivity so that we can process hundreds of orders per shift. The Picker/Packer - SFS will also embody characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
• Ensures orders are received timely- focusing on our customers and their experience as priority number one
• Asks questions and identifies opportunities to ensure internal processes support our customer-centric focus
• Proactively drives continuous communication through the team and leadership to identify increased efficiencies and progress to goals
• Picks, prepares, and packs online orders for the Ship from Store (SFS) and Buy Online Pick up In Store (BOPIS) programs
• Assembles, labels, and completes system transaction of shipping for each individual shipment accurately and efficiently to ensure excellent customer service
• Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Loads completed Ship from Store orders onto the truck for delivery directly to customers
• Participate in Loss Prevention procedures related to Omni-Channel processes
• Processes online orders in a productive and efficient manner in order to meet daily shipping quotas
• Maintains high standards throughout the back room by ensuring the area is well organized and by cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency
• Works to minimize shrink or shipping errors in the store by following proper policies and procedures with attention to detail
• Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations set by Store Management
• Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner
• Assists with training new Team Members on a variety of JOANN processes in the store
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time). Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift. Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens. Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift. Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units. Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response). Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor. Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Bend down and reach above head. Climb and descend ladder. Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent basis, 10-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts on an infrequent basis).
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Experience Minimum: 1+ years experience in a customer centric environment preferred
This position will be located at:
1440 Pleasant Valley Rd Manchester, CT 06042-8761
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.