To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
What's it like to work at Agilent in R&D? Watch the video"
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to go further in Research & Development?
Here's where you take the next step working with the pioneering teams taking Agilent's world-leading products from the drawing board to the real world. You'll not only lead the design and development of projects, you'll also determine the approach taken to each assignment while coordinating with colleagues in other functions throughout the process.
As a part of Agilent's LC-MS software R&D team, your focus will be the design and implement state of the art, quality software for the Windows environment. To be successful in this role you will need to be self-motivated, creative and proactive. This is a fast-paced environment that includes multiple platforms and architectures, with diverse technologies and lab environments. The individual will work closely with other R&D software developers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining critical components of our new instrument control software
- Develop software for our data acquisition software package running on Windows operating system (C#, .NET). One main focus is UI design for web-enabled instrument access.
- Participate in code review sessions with other SW engineers to ensure high quality SW implementations
- Ensure that found defects and enhancement requests are clearly documented in our defect tracking system
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution