Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creates and powers Audible’s website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible’s market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
· Developing solutions for web and services: envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it.
· Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods
· Strong business and technical vision
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.