This is a Senior developer position for Hackster.io working in both Rails and React. Role is responsible for maintaining the website and subsidiary applications and tools used. Will work closely with the business team to develop and refactor products. Extensive knowledge in Rails 5/6 and React is a must!
Develops, maintains, and enhances business applications. Collaborates with stakeholders to validate user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options. Assesses objectives for assigned project phases and recommends technical strategies and tactics to achieve business needs.
Work location is flexible if approved by Avnet, except, role may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
- Application development and maintenance in a full stack environment.
- Adheres to strict coding guidelines, following best practices and eager to do so.
- Dev-ops responsibilities with Heroku, CircleCI and GoogleCloud.
- Uses process design technology methodologies, programming languages and tools and solutions design techniques to develop applications to meet business specifications.
- Validates functional specifications, builds technical specifications and develops application documentation.
- Performs analysis, design, development and testing of applications to solve business requirements.
- Integrates new or enhanced application components.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Supports change readiness initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Experience and expertise with Ruby on Rails 5/6, Postgres, Rspec, React, ES5, ES6, Mocha, & Webpack.
- Experience with Heroku, AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Git workflows.
- Experience with maintaining and optimizing SQL queries and strategies.
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact on assignments and/or projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management and frequently coordinates work between departments or organizations.
- Actions may impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work will result in the inability to reach crucial organizational goals. Erroneous decisions may have a prolonged effect resulting in the expenditure of substantial resources.
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Self starter.
- Owns their projects and succeeds to the best of their ability.
- Eager to learn and grow as a developer.
- Desire to guide junior developers in a close team setting.
- Desire to grow into a management role.