The resume you used for your last position probably won't cut it. Though the KLAS Sales & Research Director position is, at its heart, a sales position, this role also requires:
- a highly organized, research-oriented individual who can strategically plan and execute for each client
- a brilliant mind that can partner with analysts in the publication of industry reports
- an insightful person who can sell through service, education, and expertise
- a relationship master who can retain existing clientele as well as find new clients and build new market segments through integrity and trust
This is an in-office, local position. Though a director level, this position is an individual contributor and does not manage staff.
Here's what you will do in this job:
- Sales. You help the healthcare industry understand and utilize KLAS data. You create opportunities for healthcare technology companies to access our findings and purchase reports, consulting, and other KLAS products.
- Insights & expertise. You will develop expertise in several areas of healthcare technology. You will use these insights to help in the analysis and publication of industry reports.
- Research. You speak with healthcare providers to obtain feedback on healthcare technology products and services, understand what these providers are facing, and in return, help these providers understand and use our data. Research is mostly done by phone conversations with technology decision-makers.
Things that matter to us (and that you must demonstrate):
- Culture is greater than strategy, character is greater than skill, and strategy and skill are incredibly important
- Service is greater than sales
- Superior client relations, particularly with the C-suite
- Consultative sales, especially using a Challenger approach
- Competent humility
- Innate desire to help others
- Minimum of 4 years in a consultative, B2B sales position with experience working with executive-level clientele
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting professional relationships of trust and respect
- Ability to recognize and articulate data that leads to action
- Demonstrated ability to grow existing business and procure new business
- Discipline to manage multiple, high-level projects at the same time and deliver against high expectations
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Commitment - we expect people to be in this position 5+ years
- Bachelor's degree