RN (Registered Nurse) Cardiac/Telemetry Mercy Health Lorain
Apply Now Requisition R115593 Market Lorain, Ohio Department Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Lorain - Intermediate Care Unit Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
New Hires Eligible for ***Sign On Bonus***
Assumes the responsibility for caring for a group of complex patients requiring an initial assessment and ongoing monitoring of their condition. Demonstrates clinical competency, evidence of nursing leadership, and coordinates the nursing care of a specific group of patients. Nursing care reflects independent assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patients physical, psychological, and sociocultural needs. Precepts new employees as assigned. Demonstrates competencies in the use of equipment essential in the care of patient age groups as indicated. A CN II is the second step of the Mercy Regional Medical Center Clinical Ladder. This is the competent Staff Nurse level.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Etc.
1. Graduation from a state-accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure from the state of Ohio as an RN.
3. Successful completion of general and unit-specific orientation and hospital probationary period. Completes Orientation Checklist.
4. Obtains/maintains a minimum of 12 contact hours of continuing education annually which includes Fire Safety and CPR Recertification.
5. Must have theoretical knowledge combined with clinical experience in providing nursing care for a variety of patients. Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing with people of varying backgrounds.
Obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of assignment to the ER and maintain certification. Obtains/ maintains CPR recertification. Neonatal and Pediatric Life Support are strongly encouraged.
Moderate level of physical exertion required. Occasional exposure to adverse conditions.
Responsible to Nurse Manager, or in his/her absence, the Administrative Supervisor. May receive direct instructions from Charge Nurse or Director.
Workers supervised: Licensed Practical Nurses and Patient Care Assistants
This is a Collective Bargaining Unit Position.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Well also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours: