This position is located in St Augustine FL
• Performs physical exams, health histories, nursing assessment and routine observation for patients within established time frames.
• Effectively conducts a pre-operative interview with patient. Accurately screens patient’s charts pre-operatively and obtains data as needed.
• Identifies and prioritizes the needs of the surgical patient and initiates care plan.
• Maintains a complete and accurate patient OPS record. Demonstrates expertise in the care and use of equipment in the OPS unit. Reports unusual circumstances, patient reaction, to the appropriate individual (i.e. Director of OR Services, anesthesiologist, surgeon, etc.).
• Exhibits proficiency and knowledge of proper procedure for starting intravenous therapy. Initiate medication therapy with the knowledge of possible interactions with other medication/anesthesia already administered. Initiate treatments as ordered.
• Review and check physician pre and post-op orders completing those applying to the OPS setting.
• Assesses the number and level of personnel needed to provide quality patient care in the department. Assesses the delivery of nursing care and identifies problems and any need for improvement.
• Recognizes and intervenes in life threatening emergencies, including the administration of emergency drugs, and defibrillator or other emergency treatment.
• Gives comprehensive and accurate report to nursing staff prior to patient's next phase of care.
• Maintains good inventory control practices, makes recommendations, and implements needed changes to par levels and product availability; monitors supply shortages, recalls, substitutions, and acquisition of approved physician special requests.
- 2 year(s): OPS or Med/Surgical experience.
- Technical/other training or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
- Adv Cardio Life Support
- Basic Life Support