This position is located in St Augustine FL
- Perform accurate and complete assessments on patients within established time frames; requests consult as indicated. Establishes and updates a patient plan of care based on periodic assessments.
- Assists with providing for the physical comfort and safety of patients (i.e. bath and linen changes, administration of medication(s), dietary intake, and other necessary treatments). Ensures security of patient’s personal items and reports discrepancies to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Attend rounds with physicians as indicated, assist with exams, discuss patient progress. Review and implement physician’s orders. Provide concise bedside report regarding patients' status to the on-coming shift.
- Demonstrates the proper procedure for obtaining, charging for, and returning supplies/equipment and maintains adequate supply levels through the use of accurate inventory control.
- Obtains and verifies consent forms.
- Supervises and gives assignments to the staff assigned to his/her patients.
- Recognizes and intervenes in life threatening emergencies, including the administration of emergency drugs, and defibrillator or other emergency treatment.
- Regularly evaluate patient’s level of pain using an approved pain scale, as evidenced by documentation on the medical record. Intervenes in a timely manner to alleviate patient’s pain and evaluate the effectiveness of relief efforts, as evidenced by documentation on the medical record. Educate patients and their families to pain management at Flagler Hospital as evidenced by documentation on the medical record.
- Performs QA initiatives related to core Measures and Flagler Hospital Admission Standards. Provides and documents patient education based on assessed needs, including family and patient preferences in teaching as appropriate.
- 1 year(s): Critical Care experience for MICU, SICU, OHR, and ECC.
- 1 year(s): Med/Surg experience for Med/Surg Float.
- Technical/other training or better in Nursing
- Bachelors or better in Nursing or related field
- Associates or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
- Adv Cardio Life Support
- Basic Life Support