Registered Nurse - RN - Medical Surgical 5W - Full Time Nights - Southside Medical Center
Apply Now Requisition R067883 Market Petersburg, Virginia Department Med/Surg (unit/floor 4) - Southside RMC - Petersburg Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
About Bon Secours
As afaith-based andpatient-focused organization,Bon Secoursexists to enhance the health and well-being ofallpeoplein mind, body and spirit throughexceptionalpatient care. Success in thisgoalrequires a culture ofcompassion,collaboration, excellenceand respect.Bon Secoursseekspeoplethat are committed toourvalues ofcompassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardshipto create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
About Southside Medical Center
Southside Medical Center is your community health care provider, a 300-bed facility located on a 50-acre campus with nearly 400 physicians representing more than 40 specialties. We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home. Bon Secours Southside Medical Center serves the communities of Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Fort Lee and Chester and the counties of Prince George, Dinwiddie, Sussex, Surry and Southern Chesterfield.
About The Unit
5 West is a 37-bed Medical/Surgical Unit that specializes in providing care for stroke patients, peritoneal dialysis and a variety of medical conditions. Southside Regional is certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Nurses on this unit are highly trained on stroke medications and certifications.
Bonuses & Opportunities
This position may be eligible for a sign on bonus of $20,000 for candidates with at least one year of experience! New Grad Nurses may be eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
New to practice Nurses are eligible to participate in the RNow Residency Program, which offers a seamless transition from a student to a Registered Nurse by providingsixmonths of support from trained preceptors and mentors. Benefit from working with subject matter experts in didactic sessions and hands on training. This is one of 3 ANCC accredited programs in the state of Virginia, and the only program in the Richmond, VA area.
Registered Nurse (RN)Southside Medical Center:
The Registered Nurse (RN) isresponsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by:
- Utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status
- Determining the priority of the patients problems and needs
- Implementing clinical nursing interventions
- Having a highly diverse skillset
- Developing and performing patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Administer medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice andMercy Health policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accreditedAssociates degree orBachelorsdegree inNursing
Licensing & Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association or Red Cross (If you do not have this certification,Bon Secourswill help you gain this certification during Orientation)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association(If you do not have this certification, Bon Secours will help you gain this certification during Orientation)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Well also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours: