This position is located in St Augustine FL
- Provides nursing management of the obstetric, postpartum, and neonatal patient. Functions independently and with expertise during neonatal resuscitation. Recovers patient during an obstetrical surgical procedure. Assists the physician with stabilization of the sick patient; functions within the limits of the state Nurse Practice Act and hospital policies.
- Oversees patient assistance for personal care including bathing, toileting, dietary needs, ambulation, and transfer.
- Attend rounds with physicians as indicated, assist with exams, discuss patient progress. Review and implement physician’s orders. Provide concise bedside report regarding patients' status to the on-coming shift.
- Interpret fetal monitor strips; identify both reassuring and non-reassuring patterns; intervene appropriately in the event of a non-reassuring monitor pattern.
- Documents patient assessment findings, care rendered, procedures performed, and other various aspects of patient plan of care making periodic updates related to the patient’s condition and response to treatment.
- Perform OB Limited Sonography after completion of competency process as defined in OB Unit policy.
- Recognizes and intervenes in life threatening emergencies, including the administration of emergency drugs, and defibrillator or other emergency treatment.
- Provides patient and family health education based on assessed needs for indicated health conditions, medications, overall wellness, and directions for follow up care.
- Provides management for patients in the triage area.
- Serves as shift charge nurse as needed and assigns duties of all personnel based on patient care and productivity needs.
- 1 year(s): Labor & Delivery experience
- Technical/other training or better in Nursing
- Bachelors or better in Nursing or related field
- Associates or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Neonatal Resus Program
- Adv Cardio Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse