Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health Part time
Apply Now Requisition R096564 Market Portsmouth, Virginia Department HH Intermittent - General - Maryview Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
BON SECOURS HOME HEALTH PROVIDES FAITH BASED HOME CARE SERVICES. CARING FOR THE SICK IN THEIR HOMES IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN OUR TRADITION THAT WAS FOUNDED BY THE SISTERS OF BON SECOURS. AS PART OF AN AWARD WINNING, MISSION FOCUSED HEALTH SYSTEM, WE OFFER STABILITY AND STRENGTH, SCHEDULING FLEXIBILITY AND THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE ONE-ON-ONE CARE IN THE HOME SETTING, NOT A SHIFT BUT A LIFE STYLE.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT MENTORING AND SUPPORT, GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING THE IRS MILEAGE RATE. DISCOVER A CAREER WHERE YOU CAN BE YOU!
OPPORTUNITIES THROUGHOUT HAMPTON ROADS!
UP TO $7,500HIRING INCENTIVE FOR EXPERIENCED RNS
The home health registered nurse will provide person centric nursing care to acutely ill, chronically ill, terminally ill, and well patients of all ages in their residences. The home health nurse will provide direct skilled patient care, observation, and educational instructions in the place of residence under the direction of the patients certifying physician. Home health nursing focus is on health promotion and care of the sick while integrating environmental, psychosocial, economic, cultural, and personal health factors affecting an individual and family health status. The home health registered nurse will apply nursing practice to patients of all ages in the patient and residences, which may include private homes, assisted living, or personal care facilities. Home health nursing embraces primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention; assistance to family with coordination of community resources and health insurance benefits; and delivery of healthcare services in a patients home, including non-conventional residences. The home health registered nurse plays a key role in the financial management of the patients episode of care. This includes verification of patient insurance and the management of the HRRG reimbursement for traditional Medicare eligible home health customers.
1. Current registered nurse licensure in good standing in state where services are performed.
2. BSN preferred from an accredited school of nursing
3. Must have at least one year nursing experience, 3 years of experience preferred. Preferably in home care. Medical/Surgical, ER or ICU experience is a plus.
4. Ability to apply critical thinking to physical, psychosocial, environmental, mental, cultural, family, and safety issues.
5. Ability to utilize clinical decision-making in applying the nurses process to patients in their places of residence.
6. Ability to practice as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Competency in applying care management skills.
8. Must be proficient in the use of technology and electronic patient documentation
.9. Current and valid drivers license with acceptable driving record, ability to provide own dependable transportation for home visits and proof of auto liability insurance.
10. Ability to management multiple skills and disease processes across
Home care visits, admissionsand case management. M-Fsome weekend and holiday rotation
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Well also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours: