This position is located in St Augustine FL
• Performs physical exams, health histories, nursing assessment and routine observation for patients within established time frames.
• Provides direct patient care including administering medications, wound care, injections, intravenous infusions and other treatment interventions while operating standard critical care equipment safely and correctly.
• Reviews and implements physicians’ orders. Requests consults and diagnostic testing as indicated.
• Recognizes and intervenes in life threatening emergencies, including the administration of emergency drugs, and defibrillator or other emergency treatment.
• Collects, labels, and conducts follow up for patient blood draws and laboratory specimen samples. Obtains vital signs measurements, reviews patient monitors, and documents readings.
• Oversees patient assistance for personal care including bathing, toileting, dietary needs, ambulation, and transfer.
• Documents patient assessment findings, care rendered, procedures performed, and other various aspects of patient plan of care making periodic updates related to the patient’s condition and response to treatment.
• Coordinates care in collaboration with members of the patient’s treatment team to provide assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation services.
• Provides patient and family health education based on assessed needs for indicated health conditions, medications, overall wellness, and directions for follow up care.
• Serves as shift charge nurse as needed and assigns duties of all personnel based on patient care and productivity needs.
- Technical/other training or better in Nursing
- Bachelors or better in Nursing or related field
- Associates or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Pediatric Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Adv Cardio Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse