This position is located in St Augustine FL
- Performs physical exams, health histories, nursing assessment and routine observation for patients within established time frames.
- Provides direct patient care including administering medications, wound care, injections, intravenous infusions and other treatment interventions while operating standard critical care equipment safely and correctly.
- Reviews and implements physicians’ orders. Requests consults and diagnostic testing as indicated.
- Recognizes and intervenes in life threatening emergencies, including the administration of emergency drugs, and defibrillator or other emergency treatment.
- Collects, labels, and conducts follow up for patient blood draws and laboratory specimen samples. Obtains vital signs measurements, reviews patient monitors, and documents readings.
- Oversees patient assistance for personal care including bathing, toileting, dietary needs, ambulation, and transfer.
- Documents patient assessment findings, care rendered, procedures performed, and other various aspects of patient plan of care making periodic updates related to the patient’s condition and response to treatment.
- Coordinates care in collaboration with members of the patient’s treatment team to provide assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation services.
- Provides patient and family health education based on assessed needs for indicated health conditions, medications, overall wellness, and directions for follow up care.
- Serves as shift charge nurse as needed and assigns duties of all personnel based on patient care and productivity needs.
- 1 year(s): Critical Care Experience
- Additional Information: In lieu of minimum experience requirement, successful completion of Flagler Hospital Nursing Internship Program to be considered.
- Associates or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Adv Cardio Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse