Roll Tender, 12-Hour Days
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits…join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan NH has operated in Hanover, New Hampshire, for more than 200 years. It is a full web printer exclusively dedicated to printing short run publications, journals and catalogs on full-size web presses.
- Order, inspect, mount, and effectively splice paper while maintaining adequate levels of supplies and solutions throughout production periods.
- Verify correct basis of weight and stock of paper to be used. Inspect paper for defects and record data on appropriate reports.
- Verify 3-way match & assist with web ups.
- Prepare press for running conditions & adjust web for correct position.
- Maintain ink and working supply levels. Sample fountain solution as required.
- Operate plate bender.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience related to the position/equipment or sufficient cross-training time working as a Roll Tender on comparable equipment.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Pass Dartmouth Printing Company color perception test.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to non-toxic chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7 AM to 7 PM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra 11%!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program