.Are you looking to continue your career in machining and metal fabrication with an organization that is growing rapidly? Atlas Staffing is hiring a Press Brake Department Supervisor for a full-time, temp-to-hire position with a great company in Spokane Valley!
Press Brake Department Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of metal forming including sheet, plate, tube, pipe, and rod.
- Organize and manage raw material storage and inventory levels.
- Supervise department employees and coordinate teamwork within and between departments.
- Monitor employee performance and correct deficient behavior through the proper use of training, motivational techniques and disciplinary actions.
- Initiate procedures and processes that minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital ensuring production schedules are achieved.
- Continually reduce internal and external reject rates
- Participate in staffing decisions to ensure production throughput while maintaining budgetary constraints.
- Consult with customers in resolving issues with customer provided manufacturing drawings.
Press Brake Department Supervisor Required Qualifications:
- 5 plus years’ experience in a metal fabrication environment
- Excellent knowledge of sheet metal forming and brake press operations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire your team and others around you.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office.
Press Brake Department Supervisor Desired Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory/managerial role within the metal fabrication industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of welding, powder coating, painting, and/or machining of ferrous and non-ferrous materials (including exotic metals).
- ISO 9000 knowledge.
- Experience managing compliance with WISHA/OSHA safety regulations.
- Understanding of ERP systems (Epicor).
- Lean manufacturing/six sigma training/certification or experience.