$17.00 - $19.00
Monday - Thursday 6am - 4:30pm
Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Manager, the Packaging worker performs several important functions. Packagers are responsible for cleaning, labeling, packaging and weighing items appropriately. They also perform final checks for defective items before final packaging to the customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
· It is required that this position actively supports all employees and customers in a positive manner.
· Report to work on-time during scheduled shift hours.
· Stamp, apply edge treatment or install hardware per drawing specifications.
· Clean and package products according to company and or customer specifications.
· Complete all required paperwork prior to packaging product.
· Work in Cleanroom and follow all required procedures
· Properly bag, label, and package products for safe shipping.
· Effectively use Power Hand tools.
· Use measurement tools such as tape measure and calipers.
· Keep the work areas stocked with supplies and organized.
· Ensure that production parts, tools, test equipment and documentation are properly store and maintained.
· Follow the targets and deadlines set for production.
· Adhere to all safety procedures, environmental guidelines and company rules and regulations.
· Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
· Regular attendance is essential due to the need to work as part of a team; necessary face-to-face interaction with employees; and working with job folders, products and/or equipment on-site.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
· Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
· Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
· Sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
· Work a variety of shifts, including evening and weekends as needed.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret written materials.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and vendors.
· Ability to perform strong math and analytical skills.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other company software required for your position.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is required to sit, stand and walk; climb ladders, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is a fast-paced manufacturing environment requiring attention to detail and customer satisfaction, Position will require extensive time sitting or standing. Employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Depending on product requirements working in a Clean Room may be necessary.