Optometrist - Iowa City, IA
null, Iowa, US
Company: McDonald Optical
Category: Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
Published on 2021-11-18T19:42:41.000000Z
Who We Are
McDonald Optical is a third-generation family-owned optical practice that provides exceptional optometric care and unique, top-quality products in the vibrant college town (University of Iowa) of Iowa City, IA. We’ve been providing premier vision services for over 65 years for the Iowa City community and surrounding areas. We are in search of a professional, dedicated, and personable optometrist to join our team.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for a licensed, qualified optometrist to be a part of an iconic local business that demands the best service, quality, and products you will not find anywhere else in our area. McDonald Optical's mission is to provide our patients/customers with the best eye care services available and our ideal candidate would be motivated by a similar drive to deliver the best vision services possible to the people in our amazing community.
A community connection is especially important to us. As a fixture in Iowa City for over half a century, our eye doctors aren't only highly regarded for their caring nature, they're also known for their skills and precise expertise. Our professionals feel relaxed and ready to engage with patients on a personal level that makes them feel welcome and cared for.
- Perform excellent, comprehensive eye exams in Iowa City to ensure flawless accuracy and diagnosing ocular conditions
- explain eye health and prescription terminology to patients
- Demonstrate product knowledge and effectively communicate features and benefits to patients
- Diagnose visual impairment and eye diseases such as glaucoma
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery
- Prescribe eyeglass, contact lenses, and other visual aids
- Evaluate patients for the presence of other diseases and conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension, and refer to proper healthcare providers as needed
- Promote eye and general health by counseling patients
- Work with new Optos technology for retinal mapping
What We’re Looking For
- Doctor of Optometry Degree (OD) from an Accredited School of Optometry.
- Valid IA state license to practice optometry. (We can help with obtaining this)
- Clinical Experience.
- Friendly and outgoing nature.
- Interest and passion for learning to use new technology.
- Interest in staying for the long run!
- Keep Work At Work: No practice management responsibilities to take home unless preferred.
- Rest and Relaxation: Paid time off, paid holidays, and no on-call or late evening hours.
- Financial Benefits: Competitive salary, bonus potential, professional liability coverage, and a retirement savings plan.
Our Website: McDonaldOptical.com
Our Phone: (319) 359-3240
Our Address: 1638 Sycamore St. Iowa City, IA 52240
Our Email: email@example.com
Full-time/part-time optometrist position at McDonald Optical in Iowa City, Iowa.
Varies day-to-day. Typically per appointment basis.
A Little Boost for SEO ;)
- Iowa City Optometrist
- Iowa City Eye Doctor
- Eye Exams In Iowa City
- Pediatric Eye Exams In Iowa City
- Iowa City Eye Glasses Store
- Iowa City Glasses Store
- Iowa City Eyecare Center
Powered by JazzHR