Chewy is currently recruiting for Facilities and Maintenance Automation Technician III at our Reno, NV Fulfillment Center. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment operations. This position is responsible for a wide variety of facilities, maintenance, and utilities requirements across a large fulfillment center.
What you'll do:
As a Facilities Maintenance Technician III, you will be a key technical subject matter expert that ensures high equipment availability rates. You will use both preventative and reliability centered maintenance processes, be able to quickly troubleshoot equipment breakdowns, and rapidly restore equipment to service. You will work with other maintenance technicians and Control System Engineers to solve difficult issues, validate quality of work from outside vendors, and work with building leaders to optimize material handling equipment, handle multiple projects, and work with a sense of urgency. You will collaborate with others to perform root cause analysis for equipment failures, and fix systematic issues using attentive observation and predictive diagnostic tools. You will have an advanced understanding of system controls logic and troubleshooting techniques. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Successful Candidates in this role will:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all electrical and mechanical aspects of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) on site, including conveyor systems, sortation, robotics, and AutoStore Systems.
- Reset, repair, or replace adjustable components (belts, chains, cables) and wearing components (guides, bearings, wheels, rollers, pulleys)
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment
- Use appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals
- Adjust scanners, cameras, scales, and printer applicators (PANDA)
- Maintain and troubleshoot motors, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, motor starters, encoders, etc.
- Programmable Logic Controls troubleshooting
- Conduct maintenance and troubleshooting of AutoStore Robots. Quarterly and Biannual cleaning, functional checks.
- Utilize handheld devices or desktop PC to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
What you’ll need:
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking within and around the site with great frequency (Up and down several flights of stairs).
- Ability to climb ladders safely and without limitation, and work off platforms and equipment at significant heights
- Full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists, eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and or uneven surfaces
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- PC competency and ability to use handheld devices
- Highly proficient with wiring diagrams, symbols, and electrical measuring
- Experience in the following areas:
- Work order management
- Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures
- Advanced blueprint and schematic reading
- Metal fabrication and welding
- Industrial Controls and Electronics
- Ability to troubleshoot Input/Output functions
- Proficient understanding of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field or 5-7 years hands on previous experience in related field.
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards
- Experience with robotic operation/ maintenance