Chewy is currently recruiting for Facilities and Maintenance Technician I at our Reno, NV fulfillment center. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment operations.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of facilities, maintenance, and utilities requirements across a large fulfillment center.
What you'll do:
- You will perform maintenance and repair, housekeeping and plumbing, metal fabrication and carpentry to support our fast-paced fulfillment center operations.
- Ensure that all fulfillment center equipment is operating properly and ensure a safe working environment for all your fulfillment team members.
- Complete periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the facility - as assigned and according to schedule.
- Perform daily inspections of conveyor systems, shipping, and packing equipment areas.
- Maintain accountability for assigned equipment and associated gear list, reducing loss, damage, and defects to zero.
- Utilize CMMS to document labor utilization and parts inventory use.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, you will visually check, test, and evaluate the condition of components,
- equipment, and circuits.
- Follow company procedures.
What you’ll need:
- At least 36 months of previous facility maintenance experience
- (Mechanics and Maintainers, Construction and Engineering, Aviation and Transportation Repair)
- Must have electrical experience or understanding
- Experience using appropriate tools and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination, and good balance to work at ground level, with the ability to climb and work at elevations up to 35 feet above floor level.
- Interest in math, electricity, shop mechanics, electric motors, and appliances
- Understand potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or floating schedule.
- Experience with fire system and fire alarm electronic devices.
- Ability to read, understand & interpret electrical, pneumatic, & plumbing schematics.
- Experience with conveyor mechanical systems (belts, drives, tracking valves).
- Experience with VFD motor controllers, motor starters and control cabinet
- PLC knowledge - input/outputs troubleshooting or some programming
- HVAC - knowledge or experience.
- Communicate preventative maintenance and repair opportunities as well as escalation of resources outside of normal hours when needed, to ensure system performance.
- Can communicate, make sound decisions, work well under pressure
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills.
- Ability and willingness to train others