Chewy is currently recruiting for a Utility Worker at our Reno, NV fulfillment center. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment operations.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of facilities and utilities requirements across a large fulfillment center.
What you'll do:
- Awareness of battery handling procedures
- Awareness of basic battery changes & maintenance
- Ability to safely operate battery changing equipment, clean spills, etc
- Ability to be trained/operate all facility equipment safely within 30 days
- Assisting with dock door repair & maintenance
- Assisting with dock leveler repair & maintenance
- Assisting with dock plate repair & maintenance
- Floor Scrubber - adjustment, maintenance & repair
- Understanding of shop parts and inventory processes
- Follow company procedures.
What you’ll need:
- In frequent lifting up to 75 pounds
- Working in extreme conditions, all types of weather (rain, snow, sun)
- Ability to perform work underground, on-the-ground, and at various heights <50 feet
- Bending, crawling, stooping, standing for long periods of time
- Possess proper hand tool operation and safety within the workplace
- Possess a set of good basic hand tools in both standard and metric
- Abide by L.O.T.O. principles to ensure safety standards
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills.
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Have the ability to communicate, make sound decisions not under pressure
- Above average attendance record
- Ability to work independently when required