Provides advanced level clerical and administrative support and coordinates the patient care activities for physician practice operations.
1. Coordinates and schedules appointments and obtains authorizations for testing, referrals, surgical procedures, hospital procedures, hospital admissions.
2. Reconciles money and financial reports for daily office deposit.
3. Expected to be cross-trained and provide back-up for check in/out staff.
4. Coordinates and maintains physician schedules including, but not limited to, meetings, teaching, inpatient rounding.
5. Maintains and orders office supplies for efficiency of operation while ensuring budgetary controls.
6. Participates in the reengineering of workflows and process improvements throughout the practice to meet the requirements of programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home and Meaningful Use.
7. Completes audits and assists with tracking and reporting of information as needed.
8. Acts as a super user for telephone and/or scheduling systems.
9. Presents a professional appearance and imagine.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Required: MS Outlook, MS Excel, Data Entry, Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written).
Minimum Experience: one year
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
EOE, including disability/vets.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.