Industrial Maintenance Technician, Nights
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits…join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan NH has operated in Hanover, New Hampshire, for more than 200 years. It is a full web printer exclusively dedicated to printing short run publications, journals and catalogs on full-size web presses.
- Complete all designated or assigned maintenance or repair of production equipment and building systems of moderate to high degree of complexity, on an independent basis, and will be proficient in at least one building trade or function.
- Develop, maintain, and perform preventive maintenance tasks for areas of building and machine responsibility.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues on a variety of equipment.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service, and parts manuals.
- Design and fabricate parts as necessary for both machine repair and tooling construction.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to diagnose and make complex repairs on equipment.
- General knowledge of all building trades.
- Good interpersonal skills required/team player.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime or be on emergency call as needed.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday, 7 PM to 7 AM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Night shift pays an extra 24%!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program