How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure. Must maintain minimum FDA/MQSA requirements for continuing education, experience and equipment.
Shift/Hours: PRN Days 6:30a - 5:30pm (will work between the hours) Monday-Friday. Saturdays as needed.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
- Currently ARRT registered
Required Minimum Certification
- ARRT-R and ARRT-M
- BLS certification
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Rad Tech
Preferred Minimum Experience
- Prefer one (1) year experience in Mammography
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff
- The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts
- Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment
- Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment
- Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of “customers”, including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position
- Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards Competent in all aspects of Mammography, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure