$25.00 - $33.00
Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:30am
The Machinist – Set Up position operates machines in the Machine Shop and produces machined parts by setting up and operating a pre-programmed computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. The position performs diversified machining operations with finish specifications on plastic or metal material. The position does not require programming knowledge to operate the CNC machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
· It is required that this position actively supports company and all employees and customers in a positive manner.
· Operate machine tools to produce plastic or metal parts.
· Set up, adjust and operate machinery.
· Read blue prints accurately and interpreting (GD&T).
· Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting, tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
· Exchange worn tooling.
· Maintain equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements as directed.
· Effectively monitor the feed and speed during the machining process.
· Check work pieces to ensure they are properly lubricated and cooled.
· Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
· Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
· Keep records as directed and record time per job.
· Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
· Maintain a safe and clean work space.
· Follow established safety rules and regulations
· Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
· Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
· Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
· Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
· This position may require variations to schedules due to business needs. Manufacturing would follow our voluntary and mandatory overtime policy.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret written materials.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and vendors.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations discounts, proportions and percentages.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other company software required for your position.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.