At KFC, we feed the world. But we do more than fill people up. We fulfill their life. Our meals matter, and when we serve them with southern hospitality, we make our customer's day. So, our jobs are more than a paycheck - they're about being independent, having fun, and making new friends. We've got great jobs for people just starting their careers, looking for a flexible second job, or continuing to work after retirement. Working as a Team Member or Shift Manager lets you develop your restaurant skills while still having the time to do the things you enjoy. You'll benefit from our training and career opportunities and receive rewards and recognition for your efforts. The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Be honest, energetic, and fun. And be able to get along and talk easily with people.
- You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work.
- Cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
- You set high standards for yourself and the people you work with – you love keeping things fun for the team and the customers.
- You want to learn how to run great restaurants from the best restaurant managers in the business.
- We hire 15-, 16- and 17-year-old workers!
- Shift Managers need to be at least 18 years old.
Benefits: We offer amazing benefits to our employees, such as the following:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Two week’s paid vacation (to start!) for Shift Managers
- Flexible schedules – no early mornings and no super late nights
- Free shift meals and an employee discount at KFC
- Employee Assistance Program
KBP Cares, a 501c3, was formed in 2015 with a simple mission: provide hope, support, and relief for employees facing critical hardship. A financial grant from KBP Cares is available to any KBP employee regardless of whether they donate so long as they have been deemed to have endured a qualifying incident. In addition to KBP Cares, KBP directly partners with local charities to enrich the communities where we operate and where our employees live and work through volunteerism, bi-annual fundraising, and much more in order to make a significant, positive impact in our local communities.
As a franchisee of KFC, KBP employees are also eligible to participate in the KFC Foundation programs. KFC Foundation is an independent non-profit organization, which provides charitable support to KFC U.S. restaurant employees through education, hardship assistance, and personal finance programs.
- Reach Program: Helps KFC restaurant employees pursue their dreams of going to college.
- Rise Program: Supports KFC restaurant employees in earning their GED through a comprehensive online prep and testing program.
- KFC Family Fund: Provides financing aid to KFC restaurant employees during a hardship, crisis, or natural disaster.
- MyChange: Equips KFC restaurant employees with a $5,000 emergency fund, a habit of saving, and greater financial know-how.
- Kentucky Fried Wishes: Gives KFC restaurant employees a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to nominate a team member for a life-changing wish.