Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent solutions to problems of the future and you’ll be essential in this forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We build the tools, workflows and platforms that empower Audible to serve everyone who interacts with us. Whether it’s publishing content for listeners, supporting our content providers or providing essential information for legal and financial stakeholders, we are there to guarantee the right result is provided to the right person each and every time.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2,000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
· Develop, and test software components and applications for one of the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the world.
· Identify and resolve software defects by reviewing code errors, log files, metrics, using debug functions, and other troubleshooting techniques.
· Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
· Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to solve problems of moderate scope.
· Continuously improve the testability, operational excellence (OE), and documentation of the software components owned by your team.
· Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with company policies.
· Participate in the interview process and mentor other engineers.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (5+ years).
· Engineering experience; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it.
· Java development skills building large scale web applications and APIs.
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing.
· Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.