At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.The Client Strategies Group (CSG) at Edward Jones is focused on developing a profound understanding of prospective and current clients’ needs, in order to create an unparalleled experience. Leveraging these critical insights, we implement tailored solutions and enhance our products in ways that enable clients to achieve their financial goals. Within CSG, the Advice & Guidance division can be viewed as the "investment engine", encompassing asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager research, securities research, and other investment-related functions.
The Investment Risk Group partners closely with investment teams in Advice & Guidance on risk monitoring and oversight for our Advisory model portfolios, Bridge Builder mutual funds, sub-adviser funds, Asset Allocation models, and other investment processes. As an Investment Risk Manager, you will be called upon to leverage your industry, analytical, and communications skills to provide risk guidance and expertise to help investment teams to understand portfolio risk exposures and provide risk intelligence to enhance the investment decision process.
You will be joining a team of highly talented associates who drive for results, with tenure ranging from years to decades, dedicated to personal development, inclusion and diversity.
- Responsible for developing and executing investment risk monitoring and oversight for Canadian Advisory model portfolios, Canadian Asset Allocation models, and other investment processes within Advice & Guidance.
- Deliver investment risk analysis and research that meets or exceeds expectations of investment stakeholders.
- Serve as investment risk subject matter expert and deliver high quality risk intelligence and enhancements that support our Canadian Advisory models, Canadian Asset Allocation models, Manager Research, and other investment stakeholders.
- Collaborate and contribute to internal departments, committees, and firm-wide strategic initiatives in making better informed decisions consistent with the firm's long-term strategy.
- Deliver effective written and verbal communication of investment risk guidance and risk analysis to investment stakeholders and internal departments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative subjects. Graduate degree or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interest in investment risk management. Achieved or actively pursuing FRM and/or CFA designation(s).
- Series 7/66 required or attainable within six months of hire.
Minimum Years or Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in investment risk management or 5+ years' experience in investment management preferred.
- Understanding of asset allocation, portfolio construction, and portfolio risk management.
- Understanding of and ability to manage a multi-asset class, multi-portfolio investment risk platform on a day-to-day basis.
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation techniques for a broad array of investment risks, including market, multi-factor, liquidity, and concentration risks.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, programming, and investment risk platforms (Microsoft Office, R, Python, Tableau, Aladdin Risk, MSCI BarraOne, Axioma, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Understanding of various types of investments, asset classes, and capital markets.
- Solid analytical skills and service focus.
- Strong understanding of Edward Jones investment philosophy, business model and culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate ideas and research to investment stakeholders, internal departments, and other areas of the firm.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine – Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation’s 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 – Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors’ satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.