This position is located in St Augustine FL
- Resolves infection control problems, and identifies new opportunities to improve service and reduce cost.
- Participates in Employee Health functions such as providing vaccinations to staff and facilitating education in the orientation of new staff.
- Collaborates with HR and provides direction regarding employee health issues such as exposures, vaccines or vaccine preventable diseases, communicable diseases and other infection prevention/control related issues involving health system employees.
- Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional staff members to provide resource information.
- Makes recommendations regarding construction, renovation, environmental rounds, and assures compliance, with national and/or professional standards.
- Assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures for the department and health system that ensure compliance with TJC, OSHA,CDC,CMS and other country, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Supports the health system and medical staff, departments and teams including guidance, training, technical support, celebrating successes and continued learning related to infection prevention.
- Serves as a member and resource for Environment of Care, Value Analysis Committee for product evaluation, Infection Prevention Committee, and other committees as needed.
- 3 year(s): clinical nursing experience