Industrial Electronics/ Maint Tech, 12 hr shifts, starting at $17+/hour (based on experience) + shift premium
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits…join us!
LOCATION: Madison, WI
Webcrafters, Inc. a Madison area book manufacturing plant is looking to fill a full-time Industrial Electronics Technician position. Candidates would be working alongside Mechanical staff on Printing Press equipment, Book Binding equipment, and other various projects and repair work associated with a manufacturing plant.
- Able to read electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, manuals and understand functionality of the various electrical components.
- Has a working knowledge of the principles of relay logic and control circuits and can troubleshoot and maintain components
- Understands the workings of and can effectively trouble shoot and maintain programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Can successfully use testing equipment to diagnose issues with electrical components.
- Understands the workings of and can effectively trouble shoot AC/DC motor controls.
- Mechanical aptitude/ability to understand, diagnose and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) or more years of field experience preferred
- Intermediate Math and Computer Skills
- Associate degree in Industrial Electronics preferred.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in a team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
Work is performed in a factory environment with regular exposure to paper dust, inks, chemicals, lubricants, noise and heat, and the physical hazards of machinery.
- Walking: Must be able to walk as some tasks require walking.
- Standing: Must be able to stand on a concrete floor, sometimes covered with rubber mats, up to 11.5 hours/day, 3 to 4 days per week, for most tasks.
- Lifting/Carrying: Must be able to frequently lift and carry products up to 50 lbs at varying frequencies.
- Pushing/Pulling: Must be able to occasionally push/pull skids of paper, weighing over 100 lbs., with hand lift trucks on a concrete floor.
- Bending/Twisting: Must be able to bend at the waist, flexing knees, and twist body to perform such tasks as working in folder units and on bindery equipment.
- Climbing: Must be able to climb in, out and around press equipment (such as ladder on folder and on printing units) as needed to perform various tasks.
- Kneeling: Must be able to perform various tasks in a kneeling position for various lengths of time.
- Sitting: Some tasks allow for sitting – usually not for more than one hour/day.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program